Septic Pumping & Maintenance
Like any system, a septic system requires maintenance. The maintenance of a septic system is the responsibility of the resident or property owner.
Regular Scheduled Pumping (based upon average household size and usage)
- Family size of 4 people or less recommended to be serviced every 2 years
- Family size over 4 people recommended to be serviced annually
Here are some helpful tips on maintaining your Septic System:
- Excessive disposing of cooking oils and grease can cause the inlet drains to block. Oils and grease are often difficult to degrade and can cause odor problems and difficulties with the periodic emptying.
- Flushing non-biodegradable waste items down the toilet such as cigarette butts, cotton buds/swabs or menstrual hygiene products (e.g. sanitary napkins or tampons) can cause a septic tank to clog and fill rapidly.
- Certain chemicals may damage the components of a septic tank or kill the bacteria needed in the septic tank for the system to operate properly, such as pesticides, herbicides, materials with high concentrations of bleach or caustic soda (lye) or any other inorganic materials such as paints or solvents.
Please call for service rates based upon the following tank sizes and project needs:
1000 or 1500 GALLON SEPTIC TANK – pumping service to remove waste items, including back flush (liquefying solids)
ADDITIONAL GALLONAGE – occurs when excessive grease, rages, hygiene products , baby wipes and paper towels are disposed in septic system causing clogs in lines and blockages in outlet tees.
DIGGING/LOCATION (Minimum $25 – covers the first 15 min then $1.00 per/min, this does not include digital pipe camera service)
1801 FILTER CLEANING (during pump) – cleaning off outlet tee and replace filter
A300 FILTER CLEANING (during pump) – cleaning off outlet tee and replace filter
FILTER SERVICE ONLY – cleaning and changing filter located in the outlet tee of the septic tank
ADDITIONAL BACKFLUSH (if needed) – this may be required when solids and other waste products are not broken down enough to flow properly through the pumping hose
18″ RISER PIPE – if your system cover is not at the surface, Richmond’s can install a riser pipe to bring the septic tank cover to the ground surface for ease of future maintenance
18″ CONCRETE COVER – standard cover purchase is available if you need to add or replace the cover on your septic system
18″ PLASTIC GREEN COVER – available for purchase to add to your septic system, unlike the concrete cover, a green cover blends with your landscaping
D-BOX COVER (D-B3) – the distribution box is one of the components in the drain field of your septic system, covers are available to add or replace for ease of future maintenance
DIGITAL CAMERA LOCATING SERVICE – used to locate your septic system components if you are unsure of the layout for maintenance serivces or need Title V inspection
CALL TODAY TO SCHEDULE SERVICE